What information we collect and how is it collected?
Information Provided by YouPT receives and stores information that you provide through the Site or the other means of communication when you undertake actions such as: Logging into the Site, establishing an account, posting a message, participating in a forum or a survey or communicate with any part of the organisation.
As a result of the above actions, you might provide PT Limited., information such as:
- Your Full Name, profession, a Company name and postal and physical addresses;
- Phone numbers, Fax numbers and email address and social media identities;
- Information used to create an account (I.e, including; user name and password) ;
- Payment data including your Bank Account details and Credit card /Debit card details/ Security code numbers and other related billing information;
- References or trading history to establish credit terms.
Technical Information Collected AutomaticallyWhen you interact with PT certain information is automatically acquired. This information can include any of the following.
- Internet address, origination web site, language, location, time zone,
- log in information, web pages visited, links clicked,
- browser type and plug-ins, email client, operating system, platform and display capabilities.
CookiesPT may use various devices to improve you experience when visiting our site or receiving information. These devices, often referred to as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, embedded links are used to;
- Store preferences and settings, detect abuse or fraud, analytics, improve internet based advertising, provide social media feedback from our social media links.
Information from third partiesPT may obtain information provided by third parties or available from public sources that could be combined with personal data. This could be data such as;
- Technical, payment and delivery data, advertising data, credit references,
- information from social media, and various publications.
For What Purpose Do We Use Your Information?PT may uses the information collected about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with sales and technical information,
- to provide customer support and warranty services,
- to arrange shipments and delivery of products you may order,
- to process invoicing, billing and payments in relation to your requests,
- to subscribe you to our newsletter and inform you with news about PT and the products and services we offer, including product use and applications, through our newsletter,
- to provide you with marketing information to enable you to make informed purchases,
- to give you the opportunity to create an on-line account,
- to request feedback and learn more about your requirements and satisfaction with PT (through surveys, etc.),
- to provide security in verifying your identity and protecting your information, protecting the security of our products and services, to detect and prevent any security threats, fraud or other malicious or criminal activities,
- to ensure compliance with statuary and legal requirements, to ensure contract adherence, dispute resolutions or protect against legal claims,
- for monitoring activity and usage of the Site for administration and improvement purposes,
- to measure and ensure that the information presented on our Site is useful and effective at meeting your requirements.
Sharing Your InformationYour personal data may be shared within the PT group for the purposes mentioned above. PT does not sell, rent or share your data to third parties. Unless provided by this policy we do not share your personal data with third parties except as listed below.
- PT may share certain information that you provide us with third party service providers we work with to deliver and fulfil your requirements, such as with mailing and package delivery services, logistics services etc. Those service providers are contractually bound to act in compliance with laws and restricted from using or disclosing information except necessary to perform the service or comply with legal requirements.
- Prospective partners or service providers may be provided with information to describe and provide background in regards the nature of PT and its services. This information will not contain personal data.
- IT service providers hosting our website, email and databases.
- Affiliates or service providers for the purposes of developing or servicing our hosted services such as website, email and databases.
- Service providers will only use your data to the extent required for the provision of their services and will be required to maintain confidentiality of the information they process.
- Your personal data will be disclosed if required to do so if it is deemed to be required to protect the rights of PT or its customers in response to a legal demand, subpoena, warrant or other similar request and we will also disclose your personal data to any regulatory or law enforcement agency.
- In the event of a corporate sale, reorganisation or dissolution customer information is generally considered a business asset and as a result will be transferred. The successor will continue to use your personal data as set out in this policy.
Transfer and Control of Personal DataPersonal data is administered and controlled by PT in New Zealand. The information collected from you will be transferred to, stored and processed in Australia and the United states by our service providers. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is handled securely in accordance with this policy.
Correction and deletionIn accordance with other sections of this policy, you have the right to;
- Request to change, update or alter the data,
- request to obtain a copy of the data we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format or request us to transfer it to another recipient,
- request that your personal data to be completely deleted from our systems
- if you have granted us to process your data for a particular purpose, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Choosing not to provide informationYou may decide not to provide your personal data or you may provide information Anonymously. This will affect the level of service that we can provide to you and may prevent you purchasing products or receiving services and offers from PT, although PT will try to accommodate your request where possible.
MarketingYou have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can contact the data protection officer below at any time to prevent such processing or by opting out of any of our emailed news letters as noted at the bottom of the page.
ComplaintsIn the event that you are not happy about the way we process your data and you wish to make a complaint to us please use the information for the data protection officer provided below.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?PT Ltd take data security seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and operational security measures to safeguard the information under our control against accidental destruction, or loss or the disclosure to unauthorised parties. It is important for you to also keep your data safe by protecting your account and password information and preventing others accessing your computer or device.
How Long Do we keep Your Information?PT Ltd will retain your personal information for as long as necessary based on the purposes for which it was obtained. The retention period criteria would be as follows;
- We will keep your data as long as we have an ongoing business relationship with you and as appropriate to fulfil and protect our business needs.
- As long as we have an obligations with you or you towards us.
- As required by the legal obligations such as accounting, tax and other regulations.
- As advised in respect of a legal position in regards litigation, tax, regulatory investigations, statute of limitations, etc.
- As otherwise stated when you provide PT with your personal data.
PT Data Protection OfficerThe Data protection officer is located in the New Zealand Office of PT, the contact details are as follows:
PT Ltd, Steve Edmonds 2/7 Marken Place, Glenfield, Auckland 0627 Phone: +6494444312 email: firstname.lastname@example.org